Our sustainability certifications
- Framery’s environmental management system is certified according to ISO 14001
- We have conducted Life Cycle Assessment according to ISO 14040 and 14044 and released industry first Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) according to ISO 14025
- All our products are Health Product Declaration compliant
- Our acoustic foam has been certified with M1 Emission Classification and acknowledged by the Finnish Allergy and Asthma Federation
- All our wood is FSC / PEFC certified
- All our fabrics are EU Ecolabel marked
Our sustainability philosophy
At Framery we are serious about happiness, and that’s not just happiness today, it’s about happiness for future generations too.
Since 2018 Framery has been committed to the UN Global Compact corporate responsibility initiative and its principles in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption.
Acknowledging the serious environmental threats we are all facing including: Climate change, resource scarcity and loss of biodiversity. As Framerians we will do our part in creating a more sustainable future. We see that the shift towards a circular economy is critical. By converting business models to more circular operations, we aim to future-proof business while respecting environmental boundaries at the same time. For example we are participating in a research project with Circular Economy Integration in Nordic Industry (CIRCIt) for enhancing sustainability and competitiveness through the Circular Economy.
Steps we’re taking to make our products more sustainable
- Framery products are mainly constructed of birch plywood. All plywood used in Framery products is produced either in Finland or neighboring countries, while all suppliers are required to have FSC or PEFC certification.
- A majority of all the materials used are recycled or recyclable. The acoustic foam and the interior felt used in the products are up to 60–70 % recycled. A significant part of all steel, aluminium and glass used is recycled material.
- All Framery pods and booths are highly energy-efficient. The standard power consumption is 13 W. As a comparison, this is less than charging your mobile phone.
- Our commitment to sustainability is an ongoing process: We recently replaced PVC tubes with recyclable cardboard tubes, we’ve significantly reduced the volume of packaging materials used.
For more information about Framery’s work in sustainability, responsibility and happiness write to: